Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My Trip (For People Who Like To Click Links)

I had a very nice mini-vacation last week. On Thursday afternoon I took a beautiful drive here to meet up with my best friend. The day was clear and I arrived there in the late evening, just as it was getting dark. We ate some of this, watched TV, then watched another show on DVR and some of a DVD before going to bed.

On Friday morning, we ate these (I had some of this on mine), watched more of this, and I looked at some of his old LP's like this one while he played my new guitar. Then we drove into town and hit the post office, the bank, and this place. We shopped here, ate lunch here, and then did some more shopping here (where I got some of these to bring home to The Boy). Then I spotted this store where we were lucky enough to find some of my favorite chocolates. We shopped here for groceries, then went back to the house for a game, which we played while listening to the CD we bought. The mail arrived, along with a gift for me (so sweet!). We cooked a delicious chicken stir-fry dinner and watched the DVD we had purchased earlier that day. Before and after the movie, we saw an exciting baseball game on TV. Then to bed.

Saturday was the day of the big book sale, so after breakfast and a stop at a drug store (because I had the sniffles), we made our way there. It was crowded, but fun to pick through the rooms and rooms of books; we each found a few interesting things, including this, all for very cheap. Then we stopped for a soda and a juice while I filled up my gas tank. We went for a private and pleasant walk near here, following a trail through a closed-down mini-golf course to a pretty meadow beside a red barn. It was all so very... this. Then it was time for lunch here. And of course, we browsed here, where I got this interesting set of... things (does anyone know what they might be?) and some candy.

We went back to the house for some song-swapping, Sox and Skip-Bo. Then dinner (he had leftovers from Friday night, while I had this), after which we watched the remaining episodes of this. Afterwards he gave a private piano concert just for me and the kitty. Later, we started another game but soon opted for the show and sleep.

Sunday was my departure day, but first we decided to head back here for breakfast, and here again for a few things. Then back to the house, where I finished packing my stuff and we played one final game while listening to his jukebox music.

The weather was sunny, breezy and beautiful all weekend long; although I was sad to be leaving, I knew my drive home would be pleasant. So, after we said "til next time!", I got on the road, listening to some re-discovered mix tapes, including one with great alternate versions of all my favorite Beatles songs. I've been back to work a few days now, but my head is still on vacation, and my ears are still hearing the Ab Fab Four For Jan.

No comments: